Thursday, September 30, 2010

Inspired by ...

hmm, I can't image what this card was inspired by can you. :) After making the coaster that I posted yesterday I got to thinking about using the same idea on a card. This is a smaller scale but still the same idea. I used Crumb Cake Card Stock and stamped with Merry Christmas from All Holiday's in Early Espresso. Then I used the new Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die and the Big Shot to cut out the smaller Scallop Square. I made tree just like yesterday with the Pennant Die and added Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon for the tree trunk. I added a Crumb Cake Big Designer Button to the top that was attached with Mini Glue Dots. I attached all the fabric with a Glue Stick but could have used the Big Shot MultiPurpose Adhesive Sheets. To finish off the card I sponged the edges with Early Espresso. Simple yet fun with the fabric. If I could find my Linen Thread (must be time to order more so the old will show up) I would have stitched the edges of my square and tree before attaching them to the front of the card for a little extra detail. I have another coaster that I also finished yesterday but I will save it for another post. Thanks for stopping by, I would love to hear! Tonya

No comments: