Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Bugs Bunny Birthday

Wow, I sure didn't plan on going this long without posting on my blog. Our life has been busy this past weekend and I took some time away from my stamping to enjoy the weekend with our family. We had a birthday this weekend and my daughter's first Cross Country Meet. Of course there was everyday things to like laundry and cleaning but we had a fun weekend and it was a little difficult to get myself moving this morning for school. Today the card I am sharing with you is not my own. It was CASE'd at my request by my wonderful son for his younger brother's birthday. My middle son had requested a Bugs Bunny Cake for his birthday this week and since I had the cake pan I was happy to meet his request. There is a picture below of him and his Bugs Cake and since he thought Bugs was great for his cake I thought why not a matching card. I knew I had saw a card that would be perfect on a blog but of course where is the question well a quick google search and I had my card. The super talented Ellen Kemper had created the perfect Bugs Bunny. So he got started and pulled out almost all my punches and started creating. He used Ellen's design almost exactly except he decided that Bugs needed Whiskers and he added those also with punches. We added the Happy Birthday that was inked with the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and the punched out with the Curly Label Punch. Needless to say the card and the cake were a hit with the birthday boy and I am super proud of my oldest son for making the card. He really does know what he is doing when it comes to card making he would just prefer that the world not know. Oh, well, he will just have to live with his proud mom. I hope you had a great weekend. I am working on some 3D Christmas Projects as well as preparing for my Friday Halloween Workshop. Can't wait to get together with Patti and her friends. We always have so much fun! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya




No comments: