Friday, September 24, 2010

Convention Quilt

What have I been working on for the past three days? Well, this is it, it is not finished yet but I am at a stopping point for now. Remember back before Convention I was going to participate in a Quilt Block Swap? Well, I was a little unsure how I would make my quilt. I didn't know if I "could" work all the different colored blocks together. I am a matching kind of person, slight shade differences bother me. So after I looked through my quilt blocks I set them aside and thought someday I will give it a try. Well, two months past and I still had not found the motivation until the other day. I was blog surfing as I sometimes do and I came across a new blog and what did I find but a completed quilt from the swap blocks. It inspired me to pull mine out and give finishing this project a try. I laid out the blocks and played with different positions and combos before finally settling on this one. It isn't as big as I had anticipated because I didn't use any duplicate prints and I had a few extra that didn't get used just because I didn't have enough for another row but I do think it will make a great throw size for curling up under during the winter months. The blocks are super quick to make with the Big Shot and the Flower Bigz Clear Die. You can cut 8 pieces of fabric at once! The blocks are 8x8 squares for a size reference. Now i just need to decide if I am quilting and finishing it myself or having someone else do it for me. I really want to try and do it myself but am worried about how much time it might take. If I do quilt it myself do I machine quilt it or hand quilt it? So many decisions to make. If you would like to learn more about the Big Shot and quilting with it please contact me and I will be happy to help. Have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: