Friday, September 17, 2010

Autumn Splendor

Hello, it is finally Friday not that the week went by slowly and we have a super busy fun filled weekend ahead of us. So I thought I had better share another Club card with you before things got to busy. This card uses the Faux Mother of Pearl Technique that I learned about from a Convention Swap that I was in. (Thanks, Sarah for asking me to join) Well, my club ladies loved the swap card and requested that they learn how to do the technique and since I am always happy to help, this month they learned how to do Faux Mother of Pearl. It really isn't as hard as it might seem and the results are WOW. We used two stamp sets, Autumn Splendor and All Holidays. Both are only available in Wood Mount as they have been in the catalog for a little while. You might even have them in your supplies. The card stock that we used is Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler and Glossy White. We used Linen Thread, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Gold Embossing Powder, Blender Pen and the Jewelry Tag Punch. For ink colors they are similar to the card stock in that we used Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler and Versamark for embossing. I highly recommend that you have the Embossing Buddy for this technique and that you use it quite freely to remove any excess moisture from the Glossy White Card Stock. There is a wonderful tutorial that you can find here Just substitute the Shimmer Paint for the paint they use. If you have any questions or if you want to give this technique a try for yourself please contact me and we will set up a private class for you and your friends. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: