Monday, September 27, 2010

Christmas Goodie Jar



Good morning it is Monday! I have a quick post for you of a 3D project that I made last night. It all started with a pasta jar from a pasta dinner that we hosted for the cross country team. I really liked the size and shape of the jar. It isn't a traditional round jar but is squared on the edges. The lid was gold so I spray painted it white and then stared decorating the jar. The Designer Series Paper is Candy Cane and the strip is just perfect for the jar. I added some 2way glue and Dazzling Diamonds to the top of each package and added a strip of Real Red Card Stock to the top and bottom that was punched out with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Punch. I attached the band to the jar with Sticky Strip and then made a tag. I used the new A Cute Christmas Stamp Set and stamped with Real Red Classic Ink. I used the new Decorative Label Punch to punch out my tag and used two more of the labels to layer behind my Whisper White label. I added a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the top of the package and attached my tag to the jar with the new Clear Tinsel Trim. Right now I have the Candy Cane Big Designer Buttons in my jar but wouldn't it be perfect to fill with a cookie mix or other treat to give to a neighbor, teacher or friend. I love to recycle items and give them new life again and this one is quick and easy. Thanks for stopping by today. I hope to be back later with a card post for you. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: