Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fabric Fun!

Hello! The week is slipping away and I am not finding time to share with you all the fun projects that I have been creating. The other day I mentioned that Stampin'Up! has FABRIC! Yes, I am excited and I finally was able to cut mine. I really do love it and am super impressed with the quality of the fabric. So a while back my Sister-in-law brought me this cute Candle bowls that were used at my little brother's wedding and wondered if I had a use for them. Well at the time I didn't but I thought I would someday find a something to do with them. Well, that some day is now. Check out the new and improved Candle holder. This project took just a few supplies and I think it turned out really nice. Now to find a candle to go in it. The best part is because there are just snowflakes this bowl can be used all winter long. Maybe I will make it a candy dish instead and fill it with Peppermints. Hmm, well anyway on to the supplies. I used the new Northern Frost Decorative Strip and the Big Shot to cut the snowflakes out of the Real Red Decor Elements Sheets. I added a couple of Basic Rhinestone Jewels to the center of the snowflakes just for added detail and then I made a bow out of the Candy Cane Christmas Designer Fabric. I added a Real Red button from the new Big Designer Series Candy Cane Buttons and then tied it on with Baja Breeze 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon. Now you might be asking but Tonya we don't carry Baja Breeze in the Taffeta Ribbon? You are correct we don't but you can die your own with a Reinker, Water and the Whisper White 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon. It is really easy to do and the results are fantastic. Are you ready to get your hands on some of our new Designer Series Fabric? I am going to make a flower or two next but first I need to finish preparing for Patti's Workshop which is tomorrow night. Halloween time for me, I will be sharing those projects tomorrow and next week. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back again. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: