Thursday, September 2, 2010

Christmas Time!


Wow I have no idea where yesterday went. Well, I do but I didn't find enough time to get back and post a card for you like I had planned. Sorry about that. I do have one for you today. I recently participated in a Holiday Mini Swap and since I received my cards yesterday I am going to post one of the cards that I sent for the swap today. One of the requirements was to use a new stamp set from the Holiday Mini and if possible other items well, let me tell you I went Holiday Mini crazy on this card. I used six of the new items on this one card. I just couldn't resist playing with the new items and guess what I love them all! There are so many must haves in the new mini that I would recommend you book a party for you and your friends so that you can earn them free. Now to tell you about the card. The stamp set is A Cute Christmas and I just love the little snowman. I colored him with the Stampin' Write Markers after stamping him with Jet Black Stazon. The marker colors are Real Red, Baja Breeze, Blushing Bride, and Garden Green which are also the colors in the new Candy Cane Lane Specialty Designer Series Paper which I also used on the card. If you look the Real Red stripe is glittery, that is already in the paper. It is also one of the fabric prints but I will save that for another day. I added a little Dazzling Diamonds to the snow with 2 way Glue. The base is Blushing Bride and I use the new Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder in it to add the snowflakes. The large Real Red Scallops were made with the new Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die and Real Red Card Stock and the final touch is the snowflakes made with Baja Breeze Card Stock and the new Northern Frost Decorative Strip. I did use the Shimmer Smooch on the cards I swapped but didn't think about it until after I assembled this one. I added a Rhinestone Jewel in the center of the upper snowflake and the sentiment in the lower. The sentiment was punched out with the new 3/4"x15/16" Oval Punch. There is a lot more new things in the Holiday Mini and I will share more with you as the month progresses but be sure and take a look yourself and let me know what item you like the best. I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: