Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Blessings of Christmas


Hello again, I know two post in one day what is going on. Well, I had another card to share and decided why wait. This is a stamp set I almost didn't buy. I really didn't think I need another stamp set that featured Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I have two already but they have both retired and after receiving a swap with this set I quickly added it to my next order and the best part is that it is only $13.95 if you get it in the Clear Mount Option. Really why would I resist. :) Now I did do a slight modification on this set in that I cut the Christmas Blessings apart from the Main Image. I can still use them together if I want to but I can also use them apart like I did here. This card was inspired by the swap I received which was made by Teresa Giordano. I made quite a few changes but the general idea came from her card. I used Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, So Saffron and Very Vanilla for my Card Stock and the Marina Mist Classic Stamp Pad to stamp the images. I did use a few punches including the Modern Label Punch, Scallop Trim Corner Punch and the Scallop Edge Border Punch. The larger Modern Label is made with the Movers and Shapers Dies and the Big Shot. I also used the Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Embossing Folder to add an extra texture to the Crumb Cake Card Stock. The Marina Mist on the side of the card was made to look like Faux Suede by separating the card stock and reveling the inside. I added the sentiment by wrapping some Linen Thread around the card. All supplies are from Stampin'Up! and can be purchased from me if you would like to make this your Christmas Card. This card is elegant yet won't take you forever to complete which is always important. Well, that's it for me today. I will be back tomorrow with another new post, until then have a great day, Tonya

No comments: