Friday, October 1, 2010

One More Fabric Project

Good morning it is Friday and the boys have a short day at school. That means I have lots to do before they get home and the weekend begins. Today I thought I would share one more Fabric Project that I did this week. I will be back sharing fall projects soon I promise. It is just easier to stay on one project idea for a while and not get so many different supplies out. While I was making the tree coaster earlier this week I thought it would be fun to have another design to go with it. I collect snowmen so it was a easy choice for me. I cute the fabric just like I did for the tree and then I started on my snowman. I punched out a circle of card stock with the 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" Circle Punches. I used these as I guide to cut out my snowman from the cotton batting and then again from the Designer Series Fabric for the Stocking Cap. I free hand cut out the ball for his stocking cap and his scarf is just a few scrap pieces of fabric that we leftover. I used a few Glimmer Brads in Champagne for his buttons. I used a marker to make his face but would probably switch to stitching it on or using a permanent marker has his face hasn't dried very quickly. Oh, well learn from the mistakes. I hand stitched the hat, scarf and coaster together but used a glue stick and Tombow Multipurpose Glue to attach the cotton batting. This is a pretty simple project but I really like how the snowman turned out.
Now that it is October there are only a few days left to sign up to become a demonstrator and receive the Greenhouse Gala Craft Tote Free. If you or anyone you know might be interested please give me a call. I will be happy to talk to you. I am so glad I made the decision to sign up. I can't image my life without all the friends I have made through Stampin'Up! Have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: