Friday, September 24, 2010

Message Board


Good morning, I was going to post this yesterday but I got busy with a school project that I am thrilled to have done and I worked on a sewing project that I hope to be able to share with you soon. If not the completed project at least a little more about. This is a project that has been on my to do list for quite a while. Shelli, cofounder of Stampin'Up!) posted message boards similar to this one on her blog quite a while ago. So long ago that I can't find the example to link to. This is a simple message board that is made of a sheet of metal that is commonly used for roofing projects. I picked up a whole roll at my favorite home improvement store. You know the one that my hubby works at. ;) The metal is just over 10" so I cut it into a square and cut 10" from the roll. I have quite a bit let and will be making more this was just my first attempt. After cutting it I used a 12 x12 sheet of Designer Series Paper. This sheet is retired, didn't want to mess up a current sheet if I didn't like the project. Then I used the Crop-a-dile and punched two holes at the top and added the Rich Razzleberry Grosgrain Ribbon. I made magnets for the board with the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die and the Big Shot. I used Rich Razzleberry Card Stock, Whisper White Card Stock and a piece of the Razzleberry Lemonade DSP. I did stamp on the top butterfly on the right with the Fine Flourish Stamp and the Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink Pad. I attached small magnets to the back of the butterflies and the are ready. As I type I am coming up with so many more ideas for these boards. My oldest son wants to make a tic-tac-toe board or chess board. You could easily personalize the board with a name or initial. With so much metal sheeting left I am sure I will make some more. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

No comments: