Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Vintage Flowers


Good morning, I am going to make this a quick post as I have to get back to school soon to tour a high school with my daughter. Today's card is one that we are doing in Stamp Club this month. When I received my Occasions Mini this was a stamp set that I knew I had to have. I just love the vintage look and after stamping with it I am so glad that I purchased it early. The stamp set is Vintage Vogue (117690 wood mount, 118598 clear mount). This set also has a coordinating wheel which I will show you on a future card. I started with a base of Kraft Card Stock (102125) and then used the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) to stamp the flower edge four times down the left side of the card with the Close to Cocoa Classic Stampin' Pad (103139). If you look under the Old Olive 5/8" Satin Ribbon (117292) you can see the stamping that I am talking about. There is a space between the two sides that is about of 1/4" for the ribbon. Next we moved onto the main image which is inked up with the Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write Marker (100072) and the Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker (116329). This was stamped on Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650). We also stamped the small flower and the leaf on a scrap piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock with Old Olive Classic Ink (102277) and Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker (116329)before cutting them out. The flower was added with a Stampin' Dimensional (104430) and the leaves were added with Mini Glue Dots (103683). To finish off the flower we added a small half back pearl. Now for the fun part making the Chocolate Chip Card Stock (102128) mat to go behind the image. We started with a 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" piece of card stock and used both the Scallop Trim Corner (118870) and the Scallop Trim Border (118402). Now this is a practice makes perfect type of project but once you figure out a size that works best with the punches it really is a fun way to add that something extra to your card. Hope you enjoyed today's card. If you are interested in more information about Stamp Club and all the fun we have contact me at tonyab@centurytel.net . This is the start of our next Club group so time is running out to join. Thanks for stopping by today and come back again tomorrow for another card. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: