Friday, February 26, 2010

Quick and Easy Easter Card

Good morning, I am actually finding time to post in the morning which means my day is going a little smoother. First a couple of reminders. You only have until Feb. 28 to purchase the I {Heart} Hearts Stamp Set to help the Red Cross Haitian Relief and Recovery Fund. You can place your order directly through my website or email me. I will be out of town over the weekend but will be checking emails as soon as I get back. Also March is the last month to take advantage of Sale-a-bration, if you would like to schedule a fun evening of Stamping with your friends please contact me as my calendar is getting full.
Now about today's Easter Card. I had this idea for an Easter Egg card since I made the Chocolate Bunny Card. As I punched out the Happy Easter, I thought the Wide Oval Punch would make a great Easter Egg. The card base is Pretty in Pink Card Stock, just a piece I had leftover from a recent workshop project. The Whisper White Card Stock is cut 5 1/4" x 4" and I used the Scallop Circle Punch to make a template from scrap paper and sponged Bashful Blue Classic Ink with a Sponge Dauber to make the clouds. It really is quite easy to do, give it a try if you haven't before and let me know how it went. I stamped the Happy Easter from the Well Scripted Stamp Set with the Basic Gray Classic Stampin' Pad. I punched out three Wide Oval Eggs from the Shades of Spring Designer Series Paper and the So Saffron Patterns Designer Series Paper. The grass was made from the Shades of Spring Designer Series paper. I used the Scallop Edge Punch to punch the top, then went back and punched it again just a little off the first punch and it made the pointed grass edge.
After I used the Paper Snips and cut down from the top between blades of grass to allow the grass to bend and place the eggs in it. The grass was added to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and the Eggs were put on with Pop Up Glue Dots. This layout would also work well for a scrapbook page with the Easter Eggs across the bottom. Now that I have made a few Easter cards I am really starting to get in the mood for Spring to arrive, but first I guess we have to get rid of the snow. Oh, well Winter can't last forever. Thanks for stopping by today and be sure and stop back again this weekend, I will have new projects both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday's will be a sewing project. Have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: