Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Valentine's Fun

Good evening again, it is a late night post. Maybe I should just start planning my post for the evening then if they are earlier we will all be surprised. First I wanted to give you an update on the I {heart} Heart Haitian Relief that Stampin'Up! is currently doing. As of yesterday they have sold 6694 stamp sets with $2 from each going to the Red Cross to help with the relief efforts in Haiti. Wow great job, but it isn't to late to purchase your stamp set.
Today's Valentine's day card is another 3x3 size that is perfect for kids to give their friends. I just love the little turtle with his wagon. The best part is this isn't even a Valentine set. The turtle is from our Ronald McDonald House Charities Stamp Set Very Thankful (115338). Every year Stampin'Up! has a new set that is their RMHC set of the year. For every set that is sold they donate $2 to the RMHC. Stampin'Up! really is a great company to represent! Okay back to the card, it is pretty simple and if you are going to make a lot of Valentine's simple is always good. I started with a base of Real Red Card Stock (102482) and then stamped the turtle image on Whisper White Card Stock (100730) with the Basic Gray Stampin' Pad (109120). I omitted the very thankful that is below the image by masking it off before stamping. This is a great way to get extra use out of a stamp. I watercolored the images with the Aquapainter, Real Red Classic Stampin'Pad (103133), Certainly Celery Classic Stampin'Pad (105217), Close to Cocoa Classic Stampin' Pad (103139), and Going Gray Classic Stampin'Pad (103274). I used Old Olive Card Stock (100702) that I tore along the edge and added it below my image to make grass. I then used the Happy Valentine's Day from Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370) and stamped it with the Basic Gray Classic Stampin'Pad along the bottom of the card. Cute, but simple and ready to go to school with your child. Would your child like to make their own Valentine's this year for their friends? It isn't to late to join me at my 3rd Annual Valentine's Class for Kids. The class is Saturday Feb. 6 at 10am or 2 pm. Please let me know if you plan to attend so I can have all the supplies ready.
Today I spent part of the day sewing a new purse for my daughter. I am super excited to show you and am going to use the colors in the purse for my next inspired by post. Be sure and watch for it. I am off to tuck my kids in one more time. Thanks for stopping by! Tonya

No comments: