Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Inspired by Polka Dots!

Hello, does this look familiar to you? If you checked out my last post with my daughter's Scallop Square Purse then it might. I mentioned in my last post that I was inspired to make a card using the colors I had found in the fabric. There were so many Stampin'Up! colors that I just couldn't help myself. So this afternoon I got busy and quickly made this card. It really went together quickly and I love the fun colors together. I think it would make a great cake design with dark chocolate icing and fondant icing in the pastels and rose color. Hmm, maybe my daughter would like a cake like that for her 15th birthday. Well, that is still several months away so I had better not get to far ahead of myself. Now back to the card. The base of the card is Chocolate Chip Card Stock, and I used the 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch and 3/4" Circle Punch to make the random Polka Dots out of Rose Red Card Stock, Bashful Blue Card Stock, Apricot Appeal Card Stock and Certainly Celery Card Stock . The stamp set I used is Happy Moments which is one of the Sale-a-bration choices. I used the Stampin' Write Markers in Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery and Barely Banana to color in my image. I rarely color with the Markers directly on my image but this one just need the extra color that the markers give. I used the Scallop Edge Punch and the Corner Rounder to finish off my framing around the image. I also used the Happy Birthday sentiment from the stamp set to add the happy birthday to one of the Bashful Blue Polka Dots. The image and the happy birthday were both stamped with Basic Brown Classic Ink Pad. So what do you think of my inspired by card? I don't really have any birthday's coming up soon unfortunately. Well, thanks for stopping by today and don't forget that tonight is our Tuesday Night Stamp Club. If you haven't been and would like to join us just give me a call. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: