Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grandma's Chocolate Rabbit

Hello and good afternoon, I debated since I made this card if it was to soon to share it with you. I mean really Easter isn't until April but I just couldn't resist and had to share. So if you are wanting to get a head start on your Easter Cards then this is the card for you.
The Chocolate Bunny Stamp that is in the Occasions Mini just had to be mine when I saw it. You see it makes me think of my Grandma (on my mom's side) who for as long as I can remember and from what I have been told even before that has had a Chocolate Easter Bunny just like this one for our Easter Center Piece every year. She has stored the bunny in the freezer every year until it is time to get him out and set him on his special green glass dish surrounded by jelly beans. Every child I know has been told not to touch the bunny and the story of how it is saved each year. Now to some this may seem odd but it is a treasured family tradition for our Easter Dinners and so today this card is in honor of my Grandma. The layout is fairly simple, I decided to do a Top Note Quilt as the center because I haven't made one lately. The base of the card is Pretty in Pink Card Stock that has polka dots thanks to the Stampin'Up! Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder. The designer series paper is the Shades of Spring Series Paper from the Occasions Mini. The Chocolate Bunny was stamped with the Chocolate Chip Craft Stampin' Pad on Close to Cocoa Card Stock. I embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder before cutting him out. I used the Well Scripted Stamp Set also from the Occasions Mini and the yummy Pretty in Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon. I really hope that Stampin'Up! keeps the 5/8" Satin Ribbon that is in the Mini in the new catalog and adds more colors. This card will be going to my Grandma when it is closer to Easter of course and I will try and take a picture of the Chocolate Bunny to scrapbook this year as family traditions are important to record. Do you have a special Easter Tradition that you would like to share? I would love to read about it and if any of my family is checking in what is your favorite memory of Easter at Grandma's house? Thanks for stopping by today and I will try to keep the Easter Cards in check until closer to April. 'Til next time, Tonya

1 comment:

Beth said...

Love it, and Grandma will too! That bunny has to be about 40 years old by now. You can eat the jelly beans surrounding the bunny, but don't touch the bunny itself or else!