Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's I forgot to share!

Good morning! I completely forgot about posting my children's Valentine's until I was downloading pictures from this last weekend. I had waited until after they delivered them to their classmates but I had planned to show them to you sooner than today. Oh, well better late than never right ;). In this post I will show you my sons' Valentine's Day Card and I will post my daughter's a little later today. For my two youngest sons I just couldn't resist the Love Bots for Boys (118081). There were 30 in each package which took care of both of their classes. There were three designs and each boy got half of them. The Love Bots are cute little Die Cut Boxes that they boys and I assembled, they filled with candy and added their classmate and their own name. Now there is a Personalized Name Stamp (117692) but I opted to let them practice their hand writing and didn't get the name stamp for them. The boxes hold quite a bit of candy. My boys added a fun size bag of Skittles and a small Laffy Taffy in theirs. They seal shut with clear round closures which are included.

My older son is getting to the age were he doesn't want "cute" Valentine's Day Cards. He wanted to give his classmates Jolly Rancher Suckers (they are big in our middle school) so I scored a piece of Real Red Card Stock to cover the sucker and cut out the Whisper White Card Stock for him to stamp on. From there he did all the work. He used the Friends Rock Stamp Set (113816) and stamped the guitar and You Rock in Basic Gray Classic Ink (109120), he then used the Real Red, Basic Black, YoYo Yellow, and Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Markers to color in the guitar. The boys received the one on the left and the girls the one on the right. He wrote his name on the back and they were ready to give. I did hear a report from school that his friends didn't believe him when he said that he made them himself. My daughter joked that maybe one day he would sign up to be a demonstrator too! I don't' see that happening but I do enjoy the fact that my kids all know how to stamp.
I hope that you enjoyed see what my kids have been up to and I hope you stop back by to see my daughter's Valentine's Day Cards. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: