Monday, February 8, 2010

Rag Purse Fun!

Good morning! It is Monday again and the weekend flew by, but I do have lots to share with you because I have been busy stamping, sewing and I had my 3rd Annual Valentine's day Class for Kids this weekend. I had nine kids here on Saturday and we had so much fun! I love stamping and with kids it is such a fun experience to watch them create.I will share those pictures later. For now I wanted to share with you my latest Rag Purse creation. This one is for my wonderful daughter. She picked out the fabric she wanted and I cut out and sewed the purse. We didn't have Stampin'Up! colors in mind when she picked the fabric so image our surprise when we discovered that we had so many our our wonderful colors right in the fabric. I am still planning on making a card with these colors maybe this afternoon. ;) I used the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (if you would like to own one for yourself contact me), Stampin'Up! Scallop Square Bigz Clear Die (115950), Rose Red 1" Double-Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (111846) for the handles and One retired Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Button for the center of the flower. Oh, I about forgot the flower, I added this to the bag and it was super easy to make. I used the Stampin'Up! Flower Fold Bigz XL Die (115970) to cut out two pieces of fabric and one layer of batting. Then I hand stitched around the flower for the quilted look I wanted. Now you do need to be careful not to put to many layers through the Big Shot with the flower die as it has score lines to fold the flower. I didn't have any problem with mine cutting with the three layers but you might want to test your die and Big Shot first. The flower is attached with a pin so that it can be removed or moved on the purse as the mood strikes.
Let me know what you think of the new purse, I would love to hear your feedback. I recently received another Big Shot die that I am eager to try out with quilting. There are so many things you can do with the Big Shot and I haven't even begun to tap into them, if you have a specific thing you would like me to try let me know I love a challenge! I will be back later with a card I made last night. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya
After I posted this I thought you might like a close up of the flower so I have added that. Again thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

loriehall said...

Too cute, Tonya! I love it!