Monday, February 15, 2010

Vintage Hearts


Good Morning! I hope that you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. The kids and I spent the day at my Grandma's house with family. It was a great way to spend the day. So today I am back with another card that was made with the I {heart} Hearts Stamp Set that is in the Occasions Mini. I am working on a class using this stamp set and wanted it to be just traditional cards, because this set really is more than a Valentine's Day set. So I once again started with a base of Kraft Card Stock and added some texture with the Texture Plates Kit #4 and the Big Shot Die Cut Machine. Then I used the Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad to drag ink across the raised textured area. This just adds to the vintage feel of the card. I used Rich Razzleberry Card Stock for the panel on the left side of the card. I bought the I {heart} Hearts Stamp Set in clear mount so I used several of the hearts and Block I to make a background stamp. I inked up with the Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad and stamped the images twice. I then used the Scallop Trim Border Punch along one side and used SNAIL Adhesive to attach it to the card. I used the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set to make the Thinking of you Tag. I stamped on Very Vanilla Card Stock with Close to Cocoa Classic Ink. The tag was made using two punches the Modern Label Punch and the Medium Jewelry Tag Punch. I added Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon and Linen Thread to attach the tag. I still thought the card needed something so I added a few buttons from the Button Latte Designer Buttons. They also have Linen Thread tied through the holes to finish them off. Is this a card you would like to make? Please let me know what you think I would love to hear from you. Have a great day and be sure and stop by again. Thanks, Tonya

1 comment:

Kendra Heller said...

I love the card Tonya. It's simple, and not too busy. Some people just go crazy with their cards and how much they put on them, and you kinda lose the message it was supposed to be sending. I <3 this card Tonya. ;)