Thursday, February 11, 2010

I {heart} Hearts, I really do!

Hello, this is a busy week with Valentine preparations. Four kids means four sets of Valentine's and boxes and all that goes with it. We have successfully completed three of the four sets of Valentine's for my kids parties which are tomorrow but the oldest son is still not done with his yet. I however am not sharing those at this time so I have another card for you. I just recently received my I {heart} Hearts Stamp Set and I love it! Now if you don't remember this is the stamp set that Stampin'Up! has chosen to donate $2 from the sell of every set (wood or clear mount) until the end of February to the Red Cross Haitian Relief and Recovery Fund. At the last update that total was over $15,000. If you haven't purchased yours yet there is still time. The layout is pretty simple but one that would be easy to create in various colors. I started with Kraft Card Stock for the base and then used the Polka Dot Textured Impressions Folder from the Occasions Mini to add the polka dots to the front. I used the Sahara Sand Classic Stamp Pad to add some distressing to the raised polka dots. I stamped the heart with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink on Very Vanilla Card Stock then added the sentiment from the Whimsical Words Stamp Set (Free with a $50 merchandise order) in Close to Cocoa Classic Ink. The hearts are punched out with the Heart to Heart Punch from Kraft and Not Quite Navy Card Stock. To finish off the card I matted the Very Vanilla Card Stock onto Not Quite Navy Card Stock and then Kraft Card Stock and the card was finished. See how easy it was to take this set and make a great card. I have a couple of more cards to show you that I made with the same set. I think it is going to be a very versatile set. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya

1 comment:

loriehall said...

Tonya, This is an adorable card! I love the colors!