Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Springtime Awaits

Good afternoon, I was able to get a little time to stamp today and have a card to share with you. I cased a layout I saw on Stampin' Connections but rotated the card 90 degrees. I used the new Springtime Blossoms Stamp Set and the Tulip Frame Impressions Embossing Folder. The card stock color I used is not one I traditionally pull out and is Shara Sand. The Very Vanilla Seam Binding looks better in person so it must be the color is off from the monitor or at least that is what I am going with right now. :) I stamped the images in Basic Gray Classic Ink and used the Whisper White Watercolor Crayon to color in a few of the flowers before I watercolored them with the Regal Rose Classic Ink Pad and the Aquapainter. The Crayon resists the ink and leaves the white accents on the flowers. The sentiment was punched out with the Oval Punch and layered with the Scallop Oval Punch that was punched out of Pretty in Pink Card Stock. I added a layer of Pretty in Pink Card Stock behind the stamped image and this card is complete. Pretty simple but it helps me get back into the stamping mood after I have taken some time off. I hope you enjoyed today's card and are looking forward to spring as much as I am. I am ready for some really flowers and buds to appear on the trees. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to have something new to share with you again tomorrow. Until them have a great day, Tonya

No comments: