Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Paper Snip Keepers

Hello, and good evening! I had some time to create today and I really enjoyed it. The best part is that I have lots of ideas ready to make more things to share with you. I just need to find more time in the day to complete them all. I have seen several pouches made with the new Petal Cone Die and as I looked at it I saw a cute little pouch for my Paper Snips. I made the card stock pouch first then thought it would look extra cute in fabric so back to creating and after completing the fabric one I love it! It is just so darn cute and tomorrow I will be making another one out of our Springtime Vintage Fabric. I can't wait to see how it turns out and will share it with you after I am done.
First the Card Stock Pouch, the pouch is made with Early Espresso Card Stock and Tangerine Tango. I added some Sweet Stitches Designer Series Paper to the front of the pouch and then added a Daffodil Delight Button on the front. I used Sticky Strip to hold the pouch together and to hold the front flap down. The Paper Snips fit inside and look so cute.

Now for the fabric pouch which I like even more and can see myself making a bunch off. I used some scrap fabric that I had out on my table (notice that it matches yesterday's post) and cut out two Petal Cones from the fabric and one from a cotton batting. It is important to make sure when cutting your fabric that you have one with the pattern up and one with the pattern down so that you can put the two pieces together. Ask me how I discovered this. ;) I made a sandwich of fabric with right sides out and the batting in the middle. I stitched around the edge then folded the Petal Cone and tucked the flap in and stitched up the open side. I added a retired Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Button to the flap to hold it done and add a little more interest to the pouch. The Paper Snips fit a little better in this pouch and I think it would look great next to my sewing area. That is if I had a sewing area. Maybe someday when I get more organized. I do think my Scissors will be easier to find with this bright pouch to keep them in. If you were the type that sews a lot and need to have your scissors hand you could add a ribbon and wear them around your neck.
I have added a picture of the two side by side for comparison. Neither took very long to make. There are so many uses for the Petal Cone die and I have only just started using it. If you haven't purchased yours you can do so online or by call me to place your order. Of course if you all ready have a demonstrator then give her/him a call I am sure they would love to help you too.
Thanks for stopping by tonight and I hope to have a new post for you tomorrow. Have a great evening, Tonya

1 comment:

Rose Castillo said...

So cute! This is a great idea! You're awesome.