Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Snow flakes and Faux Mother of Pearl


Hello, I have been super busy making cards and I have several ideas floating around in my head but not enough time to make them all happen but I will try so be patient with me please. :) One of the techniques that I was asked to show at a recent workshop was Faux Mother Of Pear. You may remember that this is a technique that I learned about from a swap card at Convention this year. Well, since I am working on showcasing Christmas Cards I thought I should update my card sample and make a Christmas Card. I played around with several ideas before settling on this one. There is a little glare on the first card but I think you can see the detail okay. I used a base of Bashful Blue Card Stock and did a little sponging on the edges with Bashful Blue Classic Ink, then Marina Mist Classic Ink on the very edge just to give the Card Stock some depth. The center panel is the Faux Mother of Pearl and I used the Platinum Shimmer Paint on Glossy White Card Stock after the Shimmer Paint dried I sponged Bashful Blue Classic Ink over the card stock. I then used Versamark and White Embossing Powder to heat emboss the snowflakes from Serene Snowflakes. A little more sponging with Marina Mist this time over the snowflakes and then a Aquapainter and the Not Quite Navy Classic Ink Pad to color in the details of the Snowflakes and the panel was complete. To finish it off I used Whisper White Card Stock that was punched with the Scallop Trim Border Punch down both sides of the panel. Marina Mist 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon and Clear Tinsel were used around the panel and the Noel was stamped with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink and punched out with the 1 3/8"x 5/8" Oval Punch. The Noel is from the Many Merry Messages. Definitely a Christmas Sentiment Set to have. Now I have two picture here because after making the card I couldn't decide if I like it horizontal or vertical. Which to you prefer? Leave me a comment and let me know. Well, that is it for today. I am so glad that you stopped by! I hope you have a great day, Tonya



No comments: