Friday, October 8, 2010

BOO!

Hello! It is Friday, I really look forward to the weekends with no school and it used to be a time to stay home and just spend time with the kids, but as our kids have gotten older and more involved in activities I find that it is a time to spend going from one activity to another. I still love it and am thrilled that I can see them do each activity. Tomorrow is baseball and cross country. Well, enough about my weekend. This week I wanted to make a Halloween Decoration and while I considered a banner (still might make one) I finally settled on these little boxes that can be set on a shelf or table. I used the Bitty Box & Envelope Bigz XL Die to cut out three boxes, one Cajun Craze Card Stock, one Old Olive Card Stock and one Rich Razzleberry Card Stock. I then added a little texture with the Spider Web Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. A little distressing to make the spider web pop and they boxes were ready. I decided to keep the other embellishments to a minimum just because I wanted the spider web to show. The boo was cut out with the Alphabet Simple Letters Bigz Dies with Basic Black Card Stock and the Black Waffle Paper. I do wish I had Black Glitter but I am out at the moment (need to remember to add it to my next order) to add a little extra sparkle. The bats were made with Basic Black Card Stock and the Bitty Bat Large Punch. They were attached to a thin wire with Mini Glue Dots then I simple put them in the corners of the boxes. The will fold up flat for easy storage and I can use them year after year. How fun it that! If you would like to make your own set of blocks give me a call and I can help you order your supplies. Well, I am off to pick up kids from school. Have a great weekend and I will be back on Monday. Tonya

No comments: