Thursday, October 7, 2010

Simple Shimmery Christmas Card

Good evening, I almost didn't get a chance to post today. My main computer that I do all my photo editing on has been giving me trouble and I haven't had a chance to edit photos or even upload photos, but it did let me do a little editing to this one and I will post it. It is a simple and yet elegant Christmas Card that I created using the Hostess Set Peaceful Season. This set was one that Stampin'Up! gave all the demonstrators that attending Convention and I haven't had a chance to ink it up much. This card has a lot of shimmer to it but it is hard to see in the photo. I used Whisper White Card Stock, Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink and Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Seam Binding. I also used the Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and to make the card shimmery I mixed up Frost White Shimmer Paint with Rubbing Alcohol in a spray bottle. I then sprayed the base of the card for a very pretty shimmery effect. This is a great way to make your own Shimmer Mist and control the amount of shimmer you want. It dries really quickly because of the Alcohol base. This card would be so easy to make for your Christmas Cards and the supplies needed are really minimal. Give me a call if you would like to earn the Peaceful Seasons Stamp Set for free. Well, that's it for the night I am going to hope that I can post a Halloween Project tomorrow. The pictures are taken now if I can just upload and edit them. Thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: