Thursday, August 19, 2010

Felt Reinker Technique Tutorial

Good morning, a few weeks ago I shared This Hydrangea Card with a new technique and I wanted to share a tutorial on how to do the Felt and Reinker Technique. This technique was featured in last months Stampin' Success Magazine, which is a great magazine that demonstrators receive just for being a demonstrator. If you want to start getting Stampin' Success give me a call and I will help you join my team. I have added pictures that will hopefully help. You will need one styrofoam plate, felt square, Sharpie Marker, a waterproof ink ( I used Jet Black Stazon), Reinkers (Old Olive, Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue were used for this card), stamp (Because I Care Hostess Set) and Light colored card stock.

1. Fold your felt into fourths, making sure that it is big enough to fit your stamp. Ink up stamp with Jet Black Stazon and stamp directly onto the felt. Before you lift the stamp trace around the block with the Sharpie Marker. This will act as your guide when inking your stamp. Clean stamp.


2. Add reinkers to the felt image. If using multiple colors make sure and leave a little space between as they will spread. I used the Old Olive on the stem and leaves and the Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue on the flowers. Let the felt pad set for just a little bit to allow the reinkers to spread.

3. Now you are ready to stamp. Reink your stamp by lining up the block with the outline on felt. Then stamp on your card stock. You can do this multiple times without needing to reink or clean your felt pad. I have made just over 30 images at one time.


This technique allows you to get the look of using markers on an image without having to marker the image multiple times. It is a great time saver and you can simply rinse out the felt and allow it to dry to use it over and over again.
I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. If you decide to make your own Felt and Reinker Project please leave me a link to your creation. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya








4 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

THanks for the fabulous tutorial! I saw this technique demonstrated at an event last month but didn't have a tutorial until now, thank you! You can see the card I made here. Your card is lovely--TFS!

Kathy Mc said...

Thanks to Nance, I checked out your blog and find this technique to be awesome. Will have to try it one of these days. Thanks, Tonya, for sharing this!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Popped by from Nance's blog. Can't wait to try this for myself! Hugs xx

Pat Gasko said...

Thanks for this great tutorial I can't wait to try it.