Wednesday, August 4, 2010

New Technique Time!

I was going through the pictures of swaps from Convention that I have not posted yet and this is one that I found. It was for a technique swap that I did. The layout probably looks familiar as it is one that I did earlier but I added the Shimmery Resist Technique to the main image. The technique is fairly simple to do. I used the following supplies for the technique. Black Craft Pad, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Dauber, and Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. I used the Artistic Etchings Stamp Set, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red, and Basic Black Card Stock, Jet Black Stazon, Riding Hood Red Classic Stamp Pad, Crumb Cake Classic Stamp Pad, 1/8" Basic Black and Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon and the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder. The technique is fairly simple in that you heat emboss your main image then apply the Shimmer Paint with a sponge dauber over the card stock including the embossed image then using a paper towel remove the shimmer paint from the image. It will resist the paint. After the paint dries which is pretty quickly you can use the sponge dauber and ink up the stamps for the background with Shimmer Paint. It is easier to see in the close up picture what I am talking about. If you would like to learn more about this technique contact me and we can set up a private class for you and your friends. Thanks for stopping by and I will be adding new projects soon. I have been doing some stamping I just haven't finished up some of the projects yet. I also still have the projects we made at Convention to share with you. Have a great day, Tonya




No comments: