Friday, August 6, 2010

Easel Card and A New Technique!

Good afternoon! This is the first day of our Three Day Tax Free Weekend in Missouri for school supplies so I took all four of my kids shopping for backpacks, crayons and all of those other fun school supplies. May go back and do some clothing shopping but for now they are one step closer to going back to school. Tomorrow is the birthday of two very special ladies in my life. I would even go to say they are the two most important ladies in my life. Yep, my mom and my daughter share a birthday and tomorrow is their big day. So for my mom's card I usually do something with yellow as it is her favorite color and the new Daffodil Delight is a perfect shade. I am not a yellow person and I really like it a lot. My wonderful friend and fellow Demonstrator, Sarah, recently gave me a Easel Card and since I have never made one before I thought it was about time and while at Convention I received a beautiful card that used a new (at least to me) technique called Faux Mother Of Pearl and I decided to combine the two and this is what I came up with. I won't go into all the details on the Technique in this post but will at a later date. With all the new techniques I learned at Convention it might be time for another technique class. What do you think? Supplies for the card are Daffodil Delight Card Stock, Basic Black Card Stock, Whisper White Card Stock, Sincere Salutations Stamp Set, Elements of Style Stamp Set, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Jet Black Stazon, Daffodil Delight Classic Stamp Pad, Old Olive Classic Stamp Pad, Aquapainter, Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon, Scallop Oval Punch, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, 1"Circle Punch, and 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch. I have added several pictures of the card so that you can see the Easel Style and see the main image which is where I did the Faux Mother of Pearl. The nice thing about the Easel Card is that it folds flat for mailing in a standard size envelope.
If you have any questions about the card or would like to try the Faux Mother Of Pearl Technique let me know and I will work out a class for this technique and if you happen to see my mom or daughter tomorrow be sure and tell them happy birthday but don't mention the card to my mom until after she gets it. ;)
Also don't forget to get me your Tax Free Orders before the weekend ends so that you don't miss out. Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend. We have a fun filled one planned. Tonya







No comments: