Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Same Supplies Two different Cards

Good morning, yesterday while I was playing around with the Island Oasis Designer Series Paper (why I didn't start using this paper sooner I have no idea) I had plans to make the card on the left. Simple yet pretty nothing to complicated, well I was looking at the extra pieces and the back of the sheet of Designer Series Paper and decided to make a second card with the leftovers. For the first card I used Tempting Turquoise Card Stock, Island Oasis Designer Series Paper, Whisper White Card Stock, 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch and my Tempting Turquoise Stampin' Write Marker. My Tempting Turquoise Stamp Pad has gone missing and I can not find it any where if you have seen it please send it home so that the other stamp pads can be reunited with it. :) I also used the Perfect Punches Stamp Set and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch on the first card.
The second card uses the other half of my sheet of Tempting Turquoise Card Stock and on the other side of the Polka Dot Paper is the lattice looking design with Old Olive and So Saffron. I changed this card to a horizontal card and textured half of the front with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Die and the Big Shot. Then I used the Modern Label Punch and Punched out the bottom right side of the card. I used the punch out and my Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set to make the sentiment that is inside the card, but shows through on the outside. The smaller picture is a close up of that area. Then I just added a strip of Old Olive Card Stock to my Designer Series Paper before adding it to the nontextured side of the card. Pretty simple yet great for a guy card and easy to mail as there are no embellishments to cause problems.

Don't forget today is the last day to order from the Summer Mini and also the last day to take advantage of my Anniversary Special. If you would like to place an order you can give me a call or email me and I will be happy to help. Thanks for stopping by today. I am off to do some school work then maybe a little stampin'. Have a great day, Tonya






No comments: