Friday, April 2, 2010

Wonderful Mom

Good afternoon, sorry for not posting again yesterday but the project that I finished I can't share right at the moment as it is a birthday gift. I am super excited to share it with you but it will have to wait until the birthday girl receives it. Since I have been sewing so much I feel like I have sort of lost my stamping mojo so I decided to start with a simple card. I will share with you a card I made this afternoon. I haven't used a lot of the the Occasion Mini items so before time runs out I had better start. One of the items that I have been wanting to use is the Extra Large Two Step Bird. This punch not only punches out the bird and wing but also the branch that the bird is setting on. It really is cute and for a mom that loves bird watching what a perfect card. The base is So Saffron Card Stock and so is the bird. I added a little So Saffron Classic Ink to the bird to give it a little more dimension. The branch is punched out of Old Olive Card Stock. I also used some much neglected Designer Series Paper from the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Stack. I really need to use more of these as they are so pretty and fun. The bird and his branches are on a Whisper White Card Stock Lattice made with the Big Shot and the Stampin'Up! Lattice Bigz Die. Doesn't it make him look like he is setting right on a lattice fence. I added a simply Wonderful Mother sentiment to finish off the card from the Well Scripted Stamp Set. I inked it with the Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker which I also used to add the eye on the bird. Remember there is only one month left to purchase from the Occasions Mini so if you would like to purchase the supplies to make this card don't wait until it is to late. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: