Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Awash with Flowers

Well, after a rainy track meet we are home for the evening and the sad part is that we didn't get to finish the meet. If only the lightening had held off a little while longer. Tonight I wanted to share with you our second club project. This card sketch is from Heather Summer's Sketch Challenge. I really enjoy her blog and check it out everyday. I wanted to show case the new stamp set Awash with Flowers and some of the retiring colors. So after seeing Heather's Sketch I decided to combine them all and this is the result. I started a base of Kraft Card Stock which will now be Crumb Cake Card Stock. I used the Big Shot Top Note Die and the Big Shot to make a Almost Amethyst Card Stock Top Note for the card. Then I added a layer of Cameo Coral Card Stock. I stamped with Basic Gray Classic Stamp Pad for the outline of the flowers. Then I used the Apricot Appeal Stampin' Write Marker and the Mellow Moss Stampin' Write Marker to ink up the large flower. I used the Mellow Moss Classic Stamp Pad for the leaves, Almost Amethyst Classic Stamp Pad for the medium flower and the Cameo Coral Classic Stamp Pad for the three small flowers. I added the paper piercing to the top left hand corner to balance the card although I considered leaving it off and decided against it. The Happy Mother's Day is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set stamped in Basic Gray Classic Ink on Whisper White Card Stock then punched out with the Word Window Punch. The layer behind the sentiment is a Modern Label Punch made from Apricot Appeal Card Stock. To finish off the card I added a knotted piece of Mellow Moss 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon. The Ribbon was added with a Mini Glue Dot. The Apricot Appeal, Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral and the Almost Amethyst are all Stampin'Up! Colors that will be retiring on June 30, but if you would like to be sure that you get them please order before June 1st to insure that it is still available.
Thank you for stopping by today, if you have a project you would like to see me do whether it is a sewing project or a stamping project I would love to hear from you. Tomorrow I will be working with some of the new Summer Mini items. Watch your mailboxes for yours. 'Til next time, Tonya

No comments: