Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hugs for Mom!

Good evening, I got a chance to stamp today between my many trips to school. I am so proud of the kindergarten class. They preformed two short plays today for their families and the other students and they did a wonderful job. I got to help with costumes and they kids just really shined today. Now back to today's card. After posting the list of Occasions Items that are still available I decided to use some of the items to make my card. I haven't used the Hugs Sending Love Notes much but they are perfect for cards. They are already scalloped and a great size at 2 1/4 x 4". I started with one and stamped Wonderful Mother from the Well Scripted Stamp Set and the Swirls from Priceless Stamp Set with Chocolate Chip Classic Stamp Pad. I used the Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch to make the flower on the Hugs Note. I punched out six flowers from the Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper. I added a Pretty in Pink Sending Love Epoxy Brad to the center then scrunched the flowers up to give it depth. Now this card is not one that you can send in the mail but it does make a nice card to give Mom in person. A layer of Pretty in Pink Card Stock was added behind the Hugs Sending Love Note after I rounded the corners. For the base of the card I used Chocolate Chip Card Stock that was texturized with the Stampin'Up! Perfect Polka Dot Impressions Folder. I added a strip of Sending Love Specialty Designer Series Paper on the left side and a piece of Chocolate Chip 5/8" Satin Ribbon to finish off the card then added the Hugs Love Note to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. If my count is correct I used seven items from the Occasions Mini not to bad if I do say so myself. Tomorrow I am going to use the Greenhouse Garden Stamp Set that is on sale for 20% Off. Hopefully I will have something to share with you afterward. Well, I am off to spend some time with my kids, we have a free evening which for us is a rarity. I hope you enjoyed today's card and thanks for stopping by. I hope you can by again. Tonya

No comments: