Sunday, April 11, 2010

Card Clutch


Hello all, as I sit here in the sun enjoying this beautiful day I am thankful for wireless internet that allows me to work and enjoy the outside. Whatever did we do before we had wireless, I know I either didn't work or I didn't enjoy the day with the kids. I mentioned in my last post that I had a birthday party Friday at my house for a wonderful birthday girl. The girls made cards but we wanted something special for them to put their card in to take home so the birthday girl's mom asked if I could sew something for the cards. I of course am always up for a challenge and came up with these Card Clutches. Now they will be perfect for the girls to use to hold a school supplies or makeup or other items that girls like to carry but for Friday they held their four cards and envelopes. They were all the same and I picked the fun fabric because the birthday girl really likes butterflies. The Clutch is held shut with Velco. It consist of just 12 Scallop Squares. You sew two together to make the inside and out nice and pretty. There is batting between the layers to make it a little more sturdy. After making it I started thinking it would make a great sunglasses holder or if it was just a little smaller it would be great for a camera or cell phone. Well, I am going to go back to enjoying the wonderful weather and time with the kids before I need to go and make dinner and give baths. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and be sure and stop by again for another stamping projects. 'Til next time, Tonya

No comments: