Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Embossed Butterflies!


Hello, I am so glad you stopped by today. I have a card to share with you today that is for my upcoming Embossing Class. If you haven't signed up yet, then just drop me a note and you can still come. If the night doesn't work for you but you are interested let me know and I will work on a second night and time. I was so happy to find out that the Rich Razzleberry would soon be added to our collection of colors. This is one of the In Colors that I really love and would have been so sad to see it leave. This card features Dry Embossing which I achieved with two different Big Shot items, but lets start with the base. I used Rich Razzleberry Card Stock then a layer of Whisper White Card Stock that I stamped the vine from Baroque Motifs Stamp Set with Old Olive Classic Stamp Pad. Then I stamped the Happy Birthday from the Whimsical Words Stamp Set (this is a set that is available in Clear or Wood Mount until the end of this month) with the Rich Razzleberry Classic Stamp Pad. I used the Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper to cut out the butterflies. I used both the Stampin' Up! Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die and the Stampin' Up! Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die. The Bigz Die is not textured but I added some with Stampin' Up! Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder. You can see the Polka Dots on the largest butterfly. The Embosslits Die is already textured so all I had to do was add the butterflies with Mini Glue Dots. The two largest butterflies have "bodies" that I added by cutting tiny strips of Card Stock and wrapping around the center. To finish off the card I added the 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon and tied a square knot. I hope you enjoyed today's post and that you come back again. I have quite a few other projects ready to share with you as I have been busy stamping. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: