Friday, April 23, 2010

Green Post!

You may be looking at the title of this post and wondering what is Tonya thinking? This milk carton isn't green. Well I don't actually mean the color green but rather green in recycling. With yesterday being Earth Day I looked around my craftroom and noticed all the uncompleted projects and scraps of card stock. Please tell me I am not the only one that will stamp something then not like how it looks but I just can't throw it away so there is sets. Sometimes I use the back or sometimes I find another use for it but most times it just gets added to the pile. Today I started going through the pile and found this Melon Mambo Milk Carton made with the Stampin'Up! Mini Milk Carton Bigz XL Die. The milk carton was already assembled and ready to decorate now to move onto more scraps. The Whisper White Card Stock Lattice was cut and left over from another project. Two pieces were the perfect size to go around the milk carton. I had some scraps of Old Olive Card Stock setting out and they were the perfect size to punch out a few leaves with the Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch. The flower is also made with the Extra Large Two Step Bird Punch and some leftover pieces of Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper. The Flower is the birds wing put together with the point facing inward. I used Mini Glue Dots to hold them together. I added a Summer Sun Corduroy Button to the center of the flower. I like the bright cheering look it gives the flower. The flower was attached with a Pop Up Glue Dot. To finish off the Milk Carton I add the White Library Clip. This allows for each access to the treats inside. I will have to see what other items I can create just from the scraps setting around my craftroom and maybe I will actually clean it a little bit in the process. The Mini Milk Carton and Extra Large Two Step Bird will continue to be available after the Occasions Mini ends this month. See the post below to see what other items will be available after April 30. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great weekend, Tonya

No comments: