Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Emboss Resist


Hello! I have been working on a lot of different Embossing Techniques and this is one that I learned a few years ago at Stampin'Up!'s Regional Event that was held in Kansas City. It is called Emboss Resist on Designer Series Paper and is really easy to do. First you will need a piece of Designer Series Paper. I chose the Almost Amethyst Sheet from the Tea Party DSP Collection. Then you will need a stamp or stamps that are solid images, Heat Tool, Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder, Sponger or Sponge Dauber and Classic Ink to coordinate with your Designer Series Paper. I used Almost Amethyst Classic Ink for this card. You ink up your stamp or stamps with the Versamark and Stamp on your Designer Series Paper, pour the Clear Embossing Powder on the Versamark, shake off the excess and emboss with the Heat Tool. After the embossing has cooled you will use your sponge or sponge dauber (I prefer the daubers as I find my fingers don't get as inky with them) to sponge the Classic ink around and on your embossed image. After you get the look you like you can wipe off any excess ink with a paper towel. The embossed areas with resist the ink and allow the Designer Series Paper images to show through. This paper is fairly subtle but you can see the images through the embossed area. I used the Medallion Stamp for my embossing. It is a great stamp for this technique. I also used the Happy Birthday from the Whimsical Words Stamp Set and the 1 3/4" Circle Punch to punch the sentiment out. The Whimsical Words Stamp Set is only available until the end of the month so if you would like to purchase it please contact me or your demonstrator soon. The card was finished off with a little Whisper White Organza Ribbon. I love how light and simple the card looks with just the Whisper White and the Almost Amethyst. Remember Almost Amethyst is one of the Retiring Colors so if you love this color please place your orders early for a Reinker and card stock as after June 1 is will be only while supplies last.
Well, we have another baseball game tonight this time for my oldest son. The younger two had their first game last night and while they lost by one run they both played well and had fun. I really enjoy watching my kids do any sport as I think most mom's do and I of course love to take pictures so I will try and share a few of the boys in action before to long. Have a great day and thank you for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: