Monday, April 12, 2010

Awash with Apricot!

Since the announcement of the Color Renovation, I have been trying to use more of the colors that will soon be retiring. Now I will be the first to admit that these are not colors I tend to use often, some occasionally but not by any means often. So I decided to start with Apricot Appeal I do like these color and at one time used it quite a bit but not recently. I wanted to pair it with a purple color and chose Almost Amethyst. The stamp set that I used is the new sneak peak set Awash with Flowers that is available this month either for order or you can earn it free for hosting a workshop of $350 or more. Awash with Flowers is a two step stamping set. I started the card by stamping the solid image larger flower and the line image of the same flower inked with the Apricot Appeal Classic Stamp Pad randomly on the Apricot Appeal Card Stock. Then I added a layer of Almost Amethyst Card Stock that had the corners rounded with our 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch. The Scalloped Whisper White Card Stock was made with the Big Shot and the Clear Scallop Square Die. I used the Basic Gray Classic Stamp Pad to stamp the flower image and stem. Then I stamped the solid portion of the flower and leaves with the Almost Amethyst Classic Stamp Pad and the Mellow Moss Classic Stamp Pad. I added a knotted piece of Apricot Appeal Grosgrain 1/4" Ribbon. The for you sentiment is from the All Holidays Stamp Set, it was stamped with the Basic Gray Classic Stamp Pad on Whisper White Card Stock then punched out with the Small Oval Punch and added to the card with Mini Glue Dots. Tomorrow night is Stamp Club and we will be using this stamp set for one of our projects if you would like to attend please contact me and I will be happy to cut extra supplies for you.
Remember all of the colors used on this card with the exception of Whisper White will be retiring at the end of June. I would encourage you to stock up on card stock and purchase a reinker if these are colors that you regularly use or really love. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you came back again. Happy Stampin', Tonya

No comments: