Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Birthday Wheels!

The Summer Mini has been arriving in mailboxes so I thought I would start sharing some of the cards I have made with the new products. This card is one that we made at the Hostess Appreciation Night. I haven't used my wheels much. I get them maybe use them on a project but then I forget about them and the set. Is anyone else guilty of this? Please tell me yes as I would hate to be the only one. Well, Stampin'Up! has is introducing a new take on the wheels. Instead of one single jumbo wheel you have the option of adding one, two or three Builder wheels to make the design of your choice. I really like the option I used on this card with one wheel at the top and the bottom and a space between for the ribbon. This was so easy to accomplish with the new wheels. You just add one wheel then the spacer then the second wheel and roll like usual. The other super neat think is that we now have three cell jumbo cartridges so that you can make your own color combos for inking up your wheels. This is a fun idea and since I only bought one three cell cartridge I haven't inked mine yet because I can't decide what colors I want to use first. There are just two many color combos available so I would definitely get more than one on May 1st so that you can do more than one color combo. The base of the card is Melon Mambo Card Stock which will be a In Color that is moving into the Brights Collection on July 1st. Then I paired it with Night of Navy and Brocade Blue. Now Brocade Blue will be retiring so if you love this color please don't forget to stock up on card stock, a reinker and teh 5/8" Grograin Ribbon. The wheels for this project are called Birthday Day and So Many Stars. I used the Melon Mambo Classic Ink Pad to ink the wheels and rolled them across the Whisper White Card Stock. I added a layer of Night of Navy Card Stock behind the Whisper White Card Stock. The tag is made with the new stamp set July Fourth. It is really hard to see in this picture but there are stars added to the base of the card with Versamark. The firecracker in this set make perfect birthday candles. I inked up the firecracker three different times and stamped with Melon Mambo, Night of Navy and Brocade Blue Classic Stampin' Pads. The flame was made with the Five Petal Punch and So Saffron Card Stock. You punch out one Flower then insert one petal back in and punch again to give you the flame. The flames were attached with Mini Glue Dots and then 2 Way Glue and Dazzling Diamonds was added to give it some sparkle. The Scallop is from the Pennant Bigz Xl Die, the Big Shot and Brocade Blue Card Stock. If you would like to order the supplies to make this card be sure and let me know May 1st when they become available or if you would like to make this card at your workshop contact me and we will schedule a date.
I am also excited to share with you that I will be attending Convention this year in Salt Lake City. I really enjoyed myself last year and learned so much that I was able to share with my customers. If you would like to attend Convention also all you need to do is signup to be a demonstrator and then you can join me. Contact me if you would like more information about becoming a demonstrator. Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you came back again, Tonya


No comments: