Monday, June 1, 2009

Vintage Flowers


Good evening, we have had a busy day again at our house and I am finding myself posting later instead of earlier like I intended. Last week after cleaning up my craftroom, I decided that I would try and use up some of the miscellanous pieces that I had stamped or cut out and then did nothing with. Somedays I can enter my craftroom with a card in mind and then a couple of hours later I have just what I had envisioned while other days I just go in and stamp and play around with things until something comes to me. This is were all the scraps come from. I hate to throw them away even after they don't become the card for the day. So I have been using those pieces and have been trying to not cut any new cardstock besides the bases and sometimes those are already cut for me to. I love the Big Shot Daises #2 die. I think it makes great flowers for cards and is so much fun to layer. These flowers were made some time ago when I was making a gift certificate holder. The colors ended up not being right for the card but I didn't throw them away. Fast forward to today's card. I really used a lot of retiring items on this card. The flowers are Riding Hood Red Card stock.The vines are Kiwi Kiss Textured Card Stock, I used both Kiwi Kiss and Riding Hood Red Classic Ink, the background paper is Bella Rose Designer Series Paper. Of course the accessories are also retiring at least the ribbon which is Riding Hood Red Taffetta and the Kiwi Kiss Corduroy Buttons are. Both are on sale while supplies last. You may notice that the hardware that my sentiment is in is a chocolate color that is because I used Chocolate Chip Craft Ink to sponge our Very Vanilla Designer Hardware. After I sponged it I poured Clear Embossing Powder over the piece and heated it up. It gives the hardware an aged apperance that I really think adds to the card. I also sponged Chocolate Chip Craft Ink on the tips of the flowers and along the edges of the vine which is the Swirly Die Cut for the Big Shot. I also used the Top Note Die to cut out the Very Vanilla background piece. It was nice to use up some of those scraps that were laying around the table so I will probably be posting more of these scrap cards as I work through my pile and if you are a stamper like me that has scraps that get discarded why not take a second look at them and see what you can make. Thank you for stopping by my blog and if you have any questions please let me know. Have a great day and don't forget to check out the Last Chance List for all the retiring Stampin'Up! items. Tonya

No comments: