Monday, June 22, 2009

3-D Card



After receiving my Stampin' Success Magazine (this is a monthly business magazine that all Stampin'Up! Demonstrators receive) I just knew that I had to give one of the 3-D Cards a try. The one I decided to start with is a Diorama Card and the perfect set was Forest Friends (113748). I wanted the card to still fit in a Medium Envelope so I started with three pieces of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" pieces of card stock or designer series paper. I scored each at 3/4" on both short sides. For the middle layer I trimmed off half of the flap. To make the Scallop frame I used the Scallop Square Punch(112081) and punched it out four times. The top layer of the frame is the To the Nines Designer Speciality Paper(114038) that is in the current catalog. I used Tombow adhesive(110755) to attach the frame pieces together at the sides. The deer, rabbit, tree and owl were all stamped on Whisper White Card Stock(100730). I used Close to Cocoa Classic Ink(103139) for the deer and Going Gray Classic Ink(103274) for the rabbit. For the trees and the owl I used Stampin' Write Markers and inked up the stamps. On the trees I used Always Artichoke(105113), Close to Cocoa(100072) and Chocolate Chip(100071). On the owl which my oldest DS tells me is a Great Horned Owl, I used Chocolate Chip(100071), Close to Cocoa(100072), Summer Sun(100077), and Basic Gray(109126). I used dimensionals (104430) so attach all the stamped images after I cut them out. My oldest DS took great interest in this card (I think it was because he is the animal expert in the family) and he decided that I needed a moon in the scene also. So I used the 1 3/4" Circle Punch (112004) to punch out a Summer Sun Moon. I sponged the moon with Summer Sun Classic Ink(100537), More Mustard Classic Ink(103162) and Really Rust Classic Ink(102549) to give it the glowing color that I wanted. We debated on what type of card this was and finally settled on a baby card. The Hello Baby is from the new Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set (115370) that is available to buy on July 1st. I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White Card Stock with Close to Cocoa Classic Ink then punched it out with the Small Oval Punch (107304). Sorry for the funny shadow on the card, I just realized that it was probably my shadow from the way I was trying to get the picture. So what do you think of this 3-D card it is really easy to make and I already have ideas for more. How about a Christmas one with your family picture in the back and with one of the new Big Shot Dies that is coming in July this card will be even easier to make. One more thing, according to the shipping notice I received today my cases of catalogs will be arriving Thursday. I do not know what time but I will be sure and email those that have requested one as soon as they do. As always thank you for stopping by my blog today. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: