Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Stamp Sets!


Hello to all! Yesterday I received four new stamp sets FREE! Yes, I am shouting and I want to thank all my wonderful customers and downline for making it possible. You see Stampin'Up! rewards its demonstrators for our sales and recruiting during Sale-A-Bration with free stamp sets. I got to pick four this year. They could be from the sneak peaks we have received for the new catalog or they could be from the Mini and Current Catalog. I debated and debated which ones to get (it seems like Free rubbah is harder to pick than anything else) and finally picked Branch Out (113200) and Wonderful Favorites (115114) as two of my sets. Well if there is a uninked stamp set in my house it must meet ink soon. I just can't help but play with a new set, they seem to inspire me! I waited until the kids were in bed to start my card (I mounted all the stamp sets to their blocks as soon as I opened the box, I am just funny that way) and the idea came to me pretty quickly. Now I must say that the card isn't all that complicated by I like it. I started with a piece of Whisper White Card Stock (100730) that I cut out with the Stampin'Up! Top Note Bigz Die (113463) and the Big Shot (113439). Now both of these are also available in the Big Shot Starter Kit (116314) which will not be available in the new catalog. If you would like to order the Big Shot Starter Kit contact me today so we can place your order. After I had the top note cut out I proceed to take a tip from my DD's card yesterday and I sponged a sky and grass using Bashful Blue Classic Ink (105209) and Mellow Moss Classic Ink (102774). I left a little bit of white between the two sponge lines to give a horizon line. I then was ready to stamp my tree. This is such a fun stamp set and I can't wait to try some more cards with it. First I inked up the tree with three Stampin' Write Markers, Always Artichoke (105113), Close to Cocoa (100072) and Chocolate Chip (100071). I stamped the tree in the center of the top note. Next comes the leaves. They are stamped with Mellow Moss Classic Ink (102774) and Always Artichoke (105219). The tire swing was inked up with the Chocolate Chip (100071) and Basic Black (100082) Stampin' Write Markers then using the Stamp-a-ma-jig I lined it up with the tree limb that I wanted it to hang from. The Wonderful Grandfather is from the Wonderful Favorites Stamp Set and were stamped on Whisper White Card Stock. They were inked with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink (100908). The Wonderful was then trimmed down to the size I wanted and the corners were rounded with Stampin'Up!'s 3/16" Corner Rounder (109047). The grandfather is actually two stamps and I lined them up with the Stamp-a-ma-jig to say what I wanted. I love that this set is so versatile. You can send a card to anyone with all the choices it offers. I punched out the grandfather with the Word Window Punch (105090) and mounted it on the new punch that is available in July. The Vintage Brads were still out from my last Father's Day Card so I used two of those on the sides of the Grandfather sentiment. I decided the base of the card needed something so I ran the Close to Cocoa Card Stock (101341) through the Big Shot with the Distressed Texturz Plate from the Texture Plates Kit #4 (114531). I then used a technique called direct to paper and using Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad I dragged the pads across the textured card front. This caused the raised image to pick up some of the ink and I think it gave the card I tree bark appearance which adds to that manly card look. I then just mounted all my pieces to the card using Tombow (110755) or Dimensionals (104430).
I hope that you enjoyed today's card. Remember that all the items to make this and all my cards are available to purchase through my Stampin'Up! Website. Hope you have a great day and thank you for stopping by, Tonya

1 comment:

Brandy said...

This is very pretty....I am already imagining the tree with fall leave colors too....
Brandy