Saturday, June 6, 2009

Baseball and Birthdays


Good morning, it seems as if baseball and birthdays do go hand in hand around this household. We had another baseball game last night with baseball practices and another game today. That is if the weather cooperates with us. My youngest DS is going to his first friend birthday party today and since the two boys play on the same baseball team I just had to pull out my Sporting Stamp Set (115072) and Just Baseball (115002), since I bought these two sets they have been my go to sets for all boy cards. Now I know that not all boys play baseball which is why we have Just Surfing (115012), Just Soccer (115010), Just Football (115006), Just Basketball (115004) and Just Riding (115008). I really think we have the sports covered. I started the card with a base of Pacific Point Card Stock (111350), added a mat of Basic Black Card Stock (102851) and since I still had the Good Morning Sunshine Designer Series Paper (113966) out on my workspace I decided to use it also. I stamped the sentiments and star from the Sporting Stamp Set all over the Good Morning Sunshine DSP with Versamark (102283) and poured the Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder (109130) on the versamark. I used my Heat Tool (100005) to emboss the images. I decided to use a technique that we were taught at Regionals last fall. I used the Pacific Point Classic Ink Pad (111837) and Stampin Sponges (101610) and sponged ink all over the designer paper. This allows the embossed images to pop as I cover the design on the paper. The embossing resists the ink and the designer paper shows through. I didn't completely cover the paper so that some of the image does show through but rather it is more subtle. Using the Circle Scissor Plus (112530) and the Glass Mat (112531) I cut a circle out of Whisper White Card Stock (100730). I created the baseball by hand drawing the stitch lines on with the Real Red Stampin' Write Marker (100052). I then used Black Stazon (101406) and the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) to stamp All Star onto the baseball. The baseball bat was stamped on Close to Cocoa Card Stock (101341) with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink Pad (100908). The hat was stamped with Green Galore Classic Ink Pad (102122) on Whisper White Card Stock. Both were cut out using Paper Snips (103579). I used Stampin' Dimensionals (104430) to mount all the images to the Good Morning Sunshine DSP . After I attached the DSP to the basic black card stock I used Mat Pack (105826) and pierced the right bottom corner were I wanted the Black Brads. They are in the Vintage Brad Collection (109109). I used three on the corner then I attached the Basic Black Card Stock to the Pacific Point Base. I put the brads on first so that they didn't show through on the inside of the card. After looking at the card I decided it needed something in the upper right corner so I added a Photo Corners Punch (109042) punched in Basic Black Card Stock and attached with Stampin' Dimensionals. I am not 100% sure that I like the corner but it will stay that way.
Just a reminder I am updating the Retiring Accessories List as items sell out and I will be placing an order on Wednesday. Of course you can always order online anytime 24 hours a day at tonyaball.stampinup.net Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a great weekend, Tonya

1 comment:

Brandy said...

This is adorable...and just in case you are planning ahead for an item for the Randall Reunion...the theme is baseball!