Monday, June 8, 2009

Baby Shower Diaper Cake

Last month I shared with you some baby shower invites that I did for my cousin's shower. Well, I was also inspired to do a Diaper Cake for the center piece of the table. It was really a lot of fun to make and I wanted to share the finished product with you. I used
Susie's Diaper Cake Instructions to make this amazing cake and was inspired by Amy's Cake for the topper and icing. For the icing I used the same four colors that I used in the napkin, Tempting Turquoise (102067), Lavender Lace (101614), Certainly Celery (105125) and Barely Banana (102701). I cut strips and scalloped the edges with our Scallop Edge Punch (113091). The bibs that spell out baby were made with the Big Shot (113439) and the Scallop Circle #2 (113469). I used the Big Shot Pennant Die (113483) also to make the white scallops that are in the center of the big. The oval was punched out with the Large Oval Punch (107305) and I embossed the letters with White Craft Ink (101731), White Embossing Powder (109132) and the soon to be retiring Big Deal Alphabet Set (114928). We decorated the sides of the cake with assorted punches including Large Star Punch (110710), Star Punch (109045), 1 3/4" Circle Punch (112004), and 1" Circle Punch (109046). The topper on the cake is Big Shot Die 5-Point 3D Star (113473) I made two stars and used a dowel rod to mount them to and add to the top of the cake. I also texturized the star points before I made it with the Large Polka Dots in the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I Texturz Plates (114512).I used over 100 diapers on this cake and there is a tube of tub toys in the center for support. I am happy to report that everyone liked the cake and I am sure that the diapers will come in hand once the baby arrives in July.
I hope you enjoyed today's post. I love trying new things and this cake was definitely something different but really not difficult. If you have any questions please let me know. Also just a reminder that I will be updating the Retiring Accessories List everyday. There are more things that have sold out so please do not wait to place your orders. This week is also our last week of club for this session. Thank you to all the ladies. I love club time and look forward to it each month. As always thank you for stopping by my blog and Have a great day, Tonya

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it - wish I could have been there to see it in person!

Beth