Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Very Special Birthday Card

Good afternoon, I am sorry that I have been quiet this week. We have had a busy week with six baseball games since my last post. On top of that we also got to spend 4 1/2 hours on Thursday in the ER with middle son. He is fine now after a few stitches to the mouth but it sure cuts out on my crafting time when every thing else gets behind. Today's card is a very special one as the title of the post implies. It was made for me by my wonderfully talented daughter. She is becoming quite the card maker. She is also very green in her cardmaking (something her mother is trying harder to be). She will use punched items that I leave laying on my workshop or even prestamped images and make them her own. She started with one of my favorite stamp sets and one that I am offering through today 10% off. Crazy for Cupcakes is just a fun set to use. She stamped it twice with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. On the first image she sponged Pink Pirouette all over. Then sponged the edges with Riding Hood Red. Both of these colors will be retiring at the end of June so if you don't have a reinker for your pads you might want to add it to your next order. On the second image she punched out just the top cupcake and the next two on the layers. She colored the icing in and paper pieced the cupcake liner with Candy Cane Lane Designer Paper. The technique she used is called spotlighting. I think she did a great job and I am not just saying that because I am her mom. ;) The cupcakes are mounted on a textured piece of Close to Cocoa. She texturized it by running it through the Big Shot and added polka dots to the card stock. The sentiment is also from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set and was stamped with Pink Pirouette Classic Ink punched with the small oval punch and layered on the Wide Oval Punch. She used White Taffeta ribbon across the bottom. I really love that she takes the time to make me cards. I know that she is busy and with me in my craftroom she often has to work around my schedule to make something to surprise me. IF you feel inclined leave her a comment I am sure she would love it.
Just a reminder Monday the Last Chance List will be coming out for the Spring Summer Catalog. I will post it as soon as it is available. Also if you are local and interested in hosting a workshop during June Stampin'Up! is offering extra Hostess Awards for hosting and having a qualifying workshop. As always thank you for stopping by and I will be back on Monday with a new post. Have a great weekend, Tonya





No comments: