Monday, June 29, 2009

Last Day!

Good morning, today is of course the last day to order from the Spring Summer 2009 Idea & Catalog. If you would like to place an order you can do so online or by calling me.
I have added a new button on the left side of my blog. It is a Stampin'Up! Color Combo Site. If you have ever wondered what color combo to use or just want to stretch yourself a little this is a fun site. You simply pick a couple of colors and then hit search and it will give you potential color combos. All colors are Stampin'Up! colors and you can even just click surprise me and see what color combo it gives you. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Now on to today's card. I started this card on Sunday night. With our days being so busy I have found that I do most of my creating late at night after the kids are in bed or first thing in the morning before they get up. I guess I just like it quiet. The base of this card is the In Color Melon Mambo(115320). The next layer is Kraft Card Stock (102125) which I stamped the stem from Fresh Cuts(111634) in Close To Cocoa Classic Ink (103139). I off stamped the Close to Cocoa first on in piece of scrap paper before stamping on the Kraft Card Stock. The main image is also from the Fresh Cuts stamp set and if a technique called Faux Linen. I am taking part in a Technique Swap at Convention this year and this is one of the techniques that I am doing. The Faux Linen is done with Glossy White Card Stock (102599). You sand the Glossy White Card Stock first one direction then the other. After you do this you wipe off the dust from the sanding and using a sponge and Craft ink you apply the ink to the card stock. I used Creamy Caramel Craft Ink (103034) on this card. After the craft ink as dried you can stamp over it which is what I did with Basic Brown Classic Stampin' Pad(104315). Using blender pens you can color the image using Melon Mambo (115656) and Rich Razzleberry (115658) Classic Stampin' Pads. The sentiment is stamped on Very Vanilla Card Stock(101650) and punched out with the Modern Label Punch(116630) which is available tomorrow and then layered on Chocolate Chip Card Stock (102128) which was cut out with the new Stampin'Up! Punch Windows (115953). This is the new items I mentioned yesterday that goes with the Stampin'Up! Movers & Shapers Curly Label Die. The Punch Window dies are used with the Curly Label Die and allows you to make four different window cut outs on your card fronts and the best thing is that they coordinate with four of our punches. How easy does that make them to use.
To finish off the card I matted the Faux linen image on a background of Rich Razzleberry Card Stock (115316). I used Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon(109065) around the center of the card and I attached the sentiment to the card with Vintage Brads(109109). I used my paper piercer and made the holes for the brads before I attached the Kraft card stock to the base. This allows my brad ends to be hidden between the two layers. I hoped that you enjoyed today's card. Tomorrow is of course the start of the new catalog and ordering doesn't start until Noon Mountain Time. Also do to some quality control issues the Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin'Pad and Classic Ink Refill will not be available to purchase tomorrow. The Stampin'Write Markers are available which is a great new items that Stampin'Up! has given us this year. As always thank you for stopping by today and I would love to hear what you think of the Stampin'Up! Color Combo Site. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: