Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No Stampin' Required

Hello to all! One of my goals this month has been to use the items that are retiring before they are actually retired. Because I am demonstrator once a stamp set, paper, or ribbon is retired I rarely use it. Something about having new things just seems to pull me away from the old. Now my DD of course loves that I don't use all the retiring items because that then means that they are fair game for her to use on school projects or cards of her own. So the three projects I am sharing today are all using items that will be unavailable after June 30 when the Occasions Mini ends.
This first card started with a base piece of So Saffron Card Stock(105118) that was out on my craft room table. The Summer Love Rub-ons (114620) were also out from the next project I am going to show you. I thought the Basic Gray would look great on the So Saffron and of course why not pull out the Walk In the Park Designer Series Paper(115123) which uses the same colors as the rub-ons. I scalloped the edges of the Walk in the Park So Saffron Paper and the Basic Gray Card Stock(108692) with the Scallop Border Punch(112091). With the guide it is so easy to get the two layers of scallops to match up. The ribbon I added is Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon(109064). If you haven't bought any of the taffeta ribbon I highly recommend it. It is just the perfect touch of elegance on any card. The Butterfly is cut out using the Big Shot(113439) and the Stampin' Up Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die (114507). The paper is the Basic Gray print from the Walk in the Park DSP also. I used a Big Clear Rhinestone Brad(113144) for the body and used the prongs on the back to make the wings stand up at an angle. The flight is just free handed on with the Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker(109126). A pretty card yet not a lot of time involved. I think I will make some more in other colors tomorrow, just to have on hand.



The second project is a Dry Erase Tile that I made just yesterday while playing with the same Summer Love Rub-ons. I had bought two tiles from Lowe's ( will show you the other one next) I like this one the best of the two that I did and it took just a couple of minutes to make. I first made sure that the tile was clean and dry. I cut out the rub-on that I wanted to use and applied it to the tile, rubbing it to attach it. After it was applied, I cut a piece of Double Stitched Baja Breeze 1" Ribbon (111847) which is not only retiring but also on sale right now while supplies last. I tied a knot in the ribbon and this Dry Erase Tile is done. How simple it that and it would make a great gift.



The final tile is the first one I made and is made with the same Rub-ons. No ribbon on this one but still just as easy to make. I used no stamps on any of the projects that I shared with you and I still have over a sheet and a half of Rub-ons leftover for other projects. Have you tried our rub-ons if not what are you waiting for? I love that we now have colors available and not just black or white. They really add to your projects. Who knows what I will make with them tomorrow but I will be sure and share.

Remember that the new 2009-2010 Idea Book and Catalog will be arriving this week. Have you reserved your copy yet? Contact me if you haven't. I will also be sharing the information about my Ribbon Shares and Paper Shares when I hand out the catalogs. I am doing a Paper Share that includes all the new Designer and Specialty Papers and one of my Ribbon Shares includes all the new Ribbon available in the new catalog. Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog today. I love sharing with you and would love to hear from you. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: