Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Warning: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig required!

Good morning, everyone. Today we have a guest designer. This card you will notice was made by my DD. She spent quite a bit of time getting this card just like she wanted it but I am happy to report that the birthday girl was thrilled with her All Sports Birthday Card. The theme of the birthday party was sports and since the birthday girl plays a wide variety of sports DD decided to use the All in the Family Stamp Set (113488) and Family Accessories (113494) to make the card. She started with a base of Brilliant Blue Card Stock (100721) and then cut Whisper White Card Stock to fit the front of the card. This next step is where the Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049) is required. Each of the body parts are separate on the little girl so in order to line them up correctly she used the Stamp-a-ma-jig. If you haven't tried the Stamp-a-ma-jig before give me a call and I will give you a lesson. I love mine for sentiments! She also stamped the dress and legs on a scrap piece of paper and cut them out to paper piece the image, but before I jump ahead of myself the face was masked and the whole card was sponged with Bashful Blue Classic Ink (105209) which is the complimentary color to Brilliant Blue. This gives the card a sky background. The dress and shoes were then applied using Glue Dots. The grass was made from a strip of Green Galore Card Stock (101768) that was cut to create grass. This was attached to the card with Dimensionals. The various sports items were stamped on Whisper White, Close to Cocoa, and Pumpkin Pie Card Stock and then cut out. Some were put on with Dimensional and others with glue dots. The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from All Holidays (114916). The little girl's face and hair were colored with Blush Blossom Classic Ink and Close to Cocoa Classic Ink with a blender pen. I must admit that this is one of my most neglected stamp sets. I just never tend to pull it out so I am glad that my DD did for her card. Maybe while the set is still out I will use it to create something. I want to thank my DD for letting me share her card with you. I think she did a great job on it and hope that you like it too!
If you notice the post above has some more red items which means that there are more accessories that have sold out. Please do not hesitate to call me if there is something on the list that you want. You can also place orders online for all catalog items. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and we would love to hear from you. Tonya

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Kaylee,
You did such a great job!!! I love how the blue sky looks all puffy!!
Brandy