Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Embrace Life Pop UP Card


Today I have another card showing you some of the items that will soon be retiring. I had a friend ask recently about a Pop Up card that I had showed sometime ago and I started to think that I haven't showed any fancy fold or nontraditional cards in a while. This card is great in that it folds flat and fits in a standard envelope. Before I give you the measurements and scoring details let me give you the supplies needed. Melon Mambo Card Stock, Bermuda Bay Card Stock, Whisper White Card Stock, Embrace Life Stamp Set, Horizontal Slot Punch, Melon Mambo Classic Stamp Pad, Bermuda Bay Classic Stamp Pad, Basic Gray Classic Stamp Pad, Word Window Punch, Crystal Effects, Micro Beads, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Scallop Trim Corner Punch, and Aquapainter. I watercolored each of the flowers before I cut them out and then added Crystal Effects on the center of the flowers then added Clear Micro Beads. Each of the supplies items that are in bold are retiring so don't delay on placing those orders. Now for the card dimensions. A tutorial for A Free Standing Pop Up Card can also be seen on Splitcoaststampers. I made a few minor changes when I made the slot for the pop up portion but other than that the design is the same. I used the Word Window Punch to make the slot instead for cutting it out with a Hobby Blade. Just a little easier in my opinion. The base measures 4 1/4" x 11" and is scored at 1", 2 3/4", 3 3/4", 5 1/2", 7 1/4", 8 1/4", 10". Fold the card in half at the 5 1/2" score line. Then mark 5/8" from the edge at the center (5 1/2"). I then use the Word Window Punch to punch out between the marks along the center line. The rest of the card was designed using the tutorials so instead of trying to explain the rest I encourage you to check out the link above to see pictures of the step by step instructions. Now of course you can alter the look of the card just by changing out the colors and stamp sets. Wouldn't this be cute for a baby announcement card. Add a picture to the front then a few stamped images and the info on the back or a Christmas card with your family picture on one side and a stamped image on the other so that the recipient can display on a mantle. Lots of possibilities. Off to use more of the retiring items. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by, Tonya

No comments: