Thursday, June 3, 2010

# 1 Dad!

Good morning, What a beautiful day it is starting out to be. The sun is shining and I have a card ready to go before 9am. I wondered with the kids out of school if I would find as much time to stamp and post but so far it is working out well. I always have some one to bounce ideas off of with four kids in the house and they are all willing to give me their opinion. ;) Today's card has Dad in mind. If you have a dad that likes sports then this is a perfect Father's Day Card for him. My husband isn't really a basketball fan but I am working on another card with him in mind. Once again I pulled out some retiring items and went to work on the card. The base is Pumpkin Pie Card Stock and I used the Pumpkin Pie Classic Stamp Pad to drag ink across the card giving it a worn leather look. Makes me think of a well loved basketball. Next I stamped my image on Very Vanilla Card Stock. The stamp set is Just Basketball and I used the Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker, Basic Gray Stampin' Write Marker and the Going Gray Stampin' Write Marker to ink up the image. This was layered with Ballet Blue Card Stock. The #1 is from the All Sports Stamp Set and was stamped with the Basic Gray Classic Stamp Pad and then punched out with the 1" Circle Punch and layered with a 1 1/4" Circle Punch of Basic Gray Card Stock. To finish up the card I used Twill Tape that I frayed out the ends and added it to the card. I thought it added to the card without being to much. The inside with say DAD and the card is ready to give to your favorite dad. Just a quick reminder that that the bold items are retiring. If you have any questions about this project or any of my projects please let me know. I am always happy to help. Thanks and I hope you stop by again. Have a great day, Tonya

No comments: