Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Simple Skeleton!


Good afternoon, thank you for stopping in today. I have moved back to Halloween projects after spending time doing Christmas cards and while looking through one of my magazines I noticed a simple Halloween card that made me stop and take a closer look. Now the card was very simple which usually isn't my prefered style but I decided I wanted to use the layout and make my own card using just Stampin'Up! supplies. After all that is what I love! The result was this card. I should have added a glue dot before taking the picture so the button doesn't look to heavy but I do love the way the card turned out. It was a quick card and very easy to make. I used the skeleton from the Scary Skeleton Stamp Set (113244) which is a great buy for only $13.95. The skeleton was inked up with Jet Black Stazon Ink Pad (101406) then below the skeleton I inked up Happy Halloween from the All Holidays Stamp Set (114916) in Perfect Plum Classic Ink (101437). I mounted the Very Vanilla Card Stock (101650) on a layer of Basic Black Card Stock (102851) then I added Old Olive 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (115618) around the two layers and SNAILed it to the back. I used Natural Hemp Twine (100982) to tie a Pumpkin Pie Corduroy Button (114342) around the ribbon. I adhered this to the Pumpkin Pie Card Stock (105117) Base and the card is finished. You could quickly make several of these for all of your friends and family for Halloween. Yesterday was a productive day for me as I finished three cards and a Halloween treat box which I will show you over the next few days. I am off to do some more creating. 'Til next time, Tonya

No comments: