Monday, September 28, 2009

Halloween Decor


Happy Monday morning to everyone! The weather is starting to feel more fall like which has made me want to get out my Halloween Decorations. So today's post focuses on Home Decor for the holiday's. All of these projects are simple and quick to make. The first project is a candy jar that I made last year and simply changed out the ribbon to a current color and set back out. The jar I found at a local retail store and after cleaning it well with a window cleaner I applied the large Spooky Spider Definitely Decorative (114763). This spider comes in three sizes and the large size is $14.95 in price. The ribbon around the top is Pumpkin Pie 1 1/4" Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (115616). You could also add the spider to a door, picture frame, wall or window. Just to name a few. This jar sets on our kitchen counter and I fill it with popcorn balls that my kids love to snack on.
The next two projects are just a simple. I used the Spooky Expressions Definitely Decorative (117568) which is a set of three jack-o-lantern faces for just $4.95 and added two of them to foam pumpkins. You can of course use real pumpkins but by using foam ones I can put them away and use them again for years to come. I do recommend cutting the individual parts of the face a part and adding the mouth and work your way up. Since the pumpkins are round and not smooth this help you to get the face to conform to the pumpkin at little easier and remember to rub the edges good.
So there you have two easy projects to decorate you home with for years to come. If you would like to see more of our Definitely Decorative line the catalog is available to view just click on the link to the left. You can order any of the Definitely Decorative items online or by contacting me. Thank you for stopping by and have a great day, Tonya







No comments: